How The Most Common Ailments Can Be Treated With Hemp Products
What are hemp products?
Hemp oil is made from diluting hemp compound in mixtures such as coconut oil, hemp seed oil or almond oil. Many people have recognized the healing capabilities of hemp products and choose them as their preferred method to treat a variety of conditions. Knowing which hemp product is right for you can be difficult. The following highlights some, but not all, of the potential benefits that hemp can provide.
Hemp Can Relieve Your Chronic Pain
Pharmaceutical drugs use mind-altering mechanisms for treating ailments such as regular pain. Unlike these mind altering methods, hemp is not psychoactive. Hemp products can be effective at treating aspects of chronic pain and cancer related pain.¹ Shah Saffron produces a Pain Relief Cream specially targeted to relieving pain. This is ideal for joint aches, muscle pains, menstrual cramps, headaches, and back pain.
Hemp Can Improve Mental Health
Anxiety and Depression are among the most common mental health conditions, impacting 40 million adults in the United States according to the ADAA. Both anxiety and depression are most commonly treated using prescription drugs. These drugs can have a vast array of side effects that include changes in mood, behavior, and pain levels. Dependency is also an issue with prescription drugs, as many are addictive. Many who have tried hemp products as a treatment for their depression or anxiety have found that it has an antidepressant effect. A recent study found a significant 41 percent of participants claimed that hemp products were more effective at treating conditions like anxiety than their previous treatments.²
Hemp Can Reduce Pain-Causing Inflammation
Inflammation is caused by the body’s immune system. Short term inflammation can be a healthy immune response intended to protect the body. Long term inflammation is associated with a plethora of diseases. Symptoms of inflammation include swelling, redness, and chronic pain. Since anti-inflammatory drugs come with a variety of risk factors, many specialists are recommending non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and treatments.³ Hemp products have been shown to naturally reduce pro-inflammatory molecules called cytokines. Chemical compounds found in hemp products can suppress “T-cell-mediated” immune responses leading to the reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines.⁴
Hemp Is Heart Healthy
One of the most deadly and widespread diseases in the United States is heart disease. Heart disease is caused by a variety of factors, but one of the most prevalent is high blood pressure. Several studies have indicated that hemp products can help lower high blood pressure. It also has been shown that hemp products can reduce spikes in blood pressure due to stress. A 2017 study has linked acute administration of hemp oil to lowering resting blood pressure and lowering increases in blood pressure due to stress.⁵ Most importantly, the antioxidants found in hemp oil can protect the heart by defending cells’ exposure to free radicals related to heart disease.⁶ The infusion of saffron in Shah Saffron products adds additional antioxidants.
Hemp Promotes Neurological Health
In order to have good neurological health, brain signals need to communicate effectively with the rest of the nervous system. Those who suffer from neurological dysfunctions have recently been receiving treatment using hemp products with promising results. A 2017 study found that hemp products can be used as an anti-epileptic treatment for those who are resistant to ant-epileptic drugs.⁷
Why Shah Saffron?
Shah Saffron produces a high quality hemp-derived isolate. Saffron, Myrcene, and a hint of mint are combined in a pure almond oil to create a synergistic blend with high bioavailability and a clean flavor and texture. The quality of our product maximizes the many health benefits associated with hemp. Try Shah Saffron today and experience what high quality hemp products can do for you.
1) Romero-Sandoval, E.A., Kolano, A.L. & Alvarado-Vázquez, P.A. Cannabis and Cannabinoids for Chronic Pain. Curr Rheumatol Rep 19, 67 (2017).
2) Price, Stephanie. “Patients Are Turning from Big Pharma to CBD for Mental Health Disorders.” Health Europa, 28 Nov. 2019, www.healtheuropa.eu/patients-are-turning-from-big-pharma-to-cbd-for-mental-health-disorders/95335/.
3) Cleveland Clinic – https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/drugs/11086-non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory-medicines-nsaids
4) Nagarkatti, Prakash et al. “Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs.” Future medicinal chemistry vol. 1,7 (2009): 1333-49. doi:10.4155/fmc.09.93
5) Jadoon, Khalid A et al. “A single dose of cannabidiol reduces blood pressure in healthy volunteers in a randomized crossover study.” JCI insight vol. 2,12 e93760. 15 Jun. 2017, doi:10.1172/jci.insight.93760
6) Mayo Clinic “Antioxidants: Why are they important?” Healthy Lifestyle – Antioxidants, Nov.23, 2019
7) Mannucci C, Navarra M, Calapai F, Spagnolo EV, Busardò FP, Cas RD, Ippolito FM, Calapai G. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2017;16(5):541-553. doi: 10.2174/1871527316666170413114210. Review. PMID: 28412918